Sunday, October 27, 2013

mad for plaid {style}

Hello!! A blog post on Sunday?! Yes, I know totally unlikely of me...but we are still working on our new family schedule and routine around here. So, it is what it is. 

I have been a long time lover of plaid. I pretty much wear it year round but in different fabrics. In the summer I wear lighter color plaid in obviously lighter loose cottons, whereas in the winter I bring out the bolder colors in cozier thick fabrics. Its so easy to pair plaid with jeans, so I wanted to change it up a bit and pair it with some maxi and pretty skirts. 

I wanted to show you two different looks I put together with the skirts. :) 

Casual Look

 Cozy Chic 


Plaid, fur and leopard print play as basics for winter dressing. To be quite honest, this is a easy look that is also very cost efficient. Actually, almost every item that I am wearing I already had in my closet. It just takes a little bit of play and piecing it right. But in the end you can't really go wrong with plaid. 

So, I challenge you to step out of pairing plaid with just jeans and try something else. You can even easily mix plaid with patterns and wear it with patterned pants, if skirts aren't your thing. :)  




No comments:

Post a Comment