Friday, January 31, 2014

7 quick takes



 












                                                               


Its been a while since the last time I posted with Jen, but there's been so many things on my mind lately, so I thought it might be a good week to ramble my thoughts on here.

1. Last night I said to mike, "the wifi hasn't been working very well today." Sophia chimes in, "maybe its because you used too much of it, mom." She likes to lay the mom guilt right on me. My four year old called me out. Going to work on being more hands free. 











2. i think i've officially initiated myself into hippiehood again by making hand dipped beeswax birthday candles this week. My freshmen year in college i attended the most tree hugging, volkswagan driving, peace love and rocking rolling university (go banana slugs!). But i hated it, and i vowed never ever to look back so i transferred to Franciscan University. But lately i've been catching myself do bizarre things like shopping for cosmetics at Whole Foods, reading articles about going 'no poo' (its not what you think :) ), and now candle making. whatever...just call it 'going green'.

3. i started attending barre exercise classes this week. i am incredible sore everywhere but i feel good! i'm more proud at the fact i'm keeping up with my new years resolution to exercise more. yay, me! Thank goodness for a friend telling me that shaking in class is normal because my legs were out of control. So embarrassing but i heard "shaking is good! it means your doing it right!"

4. i feel like this was a week of clarity for me. There were a lot of things that were made a lot more clear and bright to me. Its like many many lightbulbs turned on. It feels good to finally see a little more clearer on decisions and walk with the faith of God. I feel like I have fought with myself for so long on some very simple decisions. Have you ever done that before? Things are made so easy and clear but i intentionally make it harder on myself. Geez i'm so complicated sometimes. 

5. I just discovered decaf earl grey tea and its changed my week! Its bringing me back to the days when I used to study abroad in Austria and my roommates and I would have tea time. Pinkies up! 

6. I made the bomb Korean bo sam this week! Now that I live in an area that doesn't have many good Korean restaurants, it has forced me to learn and make more of it at home. When your kimchi stew starts tasting exactly like your mom's then you know you mastered it. :) 

7. I'm still blown away with the March for Life in San Francisco last weekend. There were over 60,000 people there! It was one of the best experiences of my life. I got choked up so many times and had to swallow down the tears because I was so emotionally overwhelmed with the support of all the pro-lifers. I have done side walk counseling at abortion clinics for many years and its always felt so lonely for me. There are really no words I can say to express the emotions I felt that day. A BIG thank you to the police and fire department of San Francisco for your support and standing on our side during our walk.


Have a wonderful weekend everyone!  

No comments:

Post a Comment