Friday, March 1, 2013

7 quick takes #tgif


1. I hate this period of time when we don't have a Pope. But now there is something we can do while we wait for the white smoke to appear in the chimney. 
This is who I got:


Go and adopt yours :) 
Thank you Papa Benedict for serving us. We love you!

2. Our family business involves shipping containers around the world. But how much more glamorous would it be if they looked like these pop up hotels in Belgium. Would you consider staying here for the night?  




3. One man's trash is another man's treasure! I love going to thrift stores, vintage stores, flea markets and yard sales...you name it, I'm there :). This weekend, I'm going to Joy and Bri's yard sale and I already know its going to be the prettiest yard sale around! Can you imagine what these two color and pattern lovin' beauties will sell? I'll try to share my loot with you all on Sunday via instagram :) 

4. We had a mid-week spontaneous trip to the San Diego Zoo, which in my books is the best zoo around. This was my favorite animal of the day. He's called a Okapi, from Africa and is like a fushion breed between a zebra and a giraffe. So cool! 
Can you guess what Sophia's favorite animal was at the zoo?? Not the Panda bears, but the pink flamingos!! 

5. I fell in love with a new grocery store this week. It has better prices than Whole Foods and some better selections on certain things (they seem to specialize in more raw foods). They don't sell red meat or beer, which makes it the perfect place to get your groceries at during lent. Yesterday, they were giving away samples of their nut loaf and it was delicious! I'm planning on making a version of it at home soon. What are some of your lenten meals looking like? We've done bean and cheese burritos, shrimp stir fry, and I'm doing salmon tacos today.

6.  I'm joining Hilary and Anna on #encouragebeauty challenge and so should you! 


7. Have a great weekend!! 

You can go check out Jen and others on their 7 quick takes for the week here

No comments:

Post a Comment