Thursday, March 14, 2013

Francis & Mastitis





For the past couple of days, I have been battling with the most ugliest and meanest mastitis known to woman-kind. It came on with a vengeance and I'm still left feeling fatigued. I mean come on, who gives fevers that reach numbers up to 104.5? Well as husband said, "what didn't kill you will only make you stronger." Just call me the breastfeeding warrior after this weeks battle wounds. 



























But on a brighter note, we have a new Pope! Even in my delirium state with battle mastitis, I couldn't help but feel incredibly joyful for Pope Francis. A Pope who cooks his own meals and takes the subway to work everyday? Theres word on the street that when they told him that his limo was ready, he refused and took the bus with the other Cardinals instead. The humility is beautiful. I can clearly go on and on about how much I love him but I'll finish with St. Francis is the same saint I picked for my confirmation sacrament. Enough said. 

This is one of my favorite photos of Pope Francis at a newborn mass in Buenos Aires. Here he is blessing all the newborns and he doesn't even mind a breastfeeding mom. I don't know if I would have to courage to nurse like that in front of the Holy Father, but I guess its the American culture in me that tells me to cover up. 

Have a great weekend! 


























No comments:

Post a Comment